|On Wednesday 30
January 2013, residents of the commercial and
residential highrise condo at 914 Yonge Street were woken at 5:00 am by
a three-alarm fire in their basement.
Toronto Fire instructed residents to stay in their units as 70 firefighters and 18 fire trucks battled a blaze that was started after a broken city water main burst and flooded the condo’s basement. Water came through the basement drain and came into contact with the building’s electrical system, sending swaths of smoke through the highrise’s stairwell. The water damaged the power vault and generator.
Toronto Hydro shut off power to the building while fire crews pumped water out of the building’s basement.
914-920 Yonge is the brown bldg
|Fronts:||McMurrich Street and Yonge Street|
|Ward 27:||Toronto Centre-Rosedale|
|Designation:||Commercial, Office, and Residential Condominium|
|Amenities:||Security Guard and Visitor Parking|